All the teams are registered and the players are gearing up in anticipation for this year’s Zurich Corporate Touch 6s – but the tournament wouldn’t be complete without its enthusiastic supporters to cheer on the action.
Everyone is welcome to enjoy the event. With a packed programme of free entertainment throughout the day, it won’t be just the teams having all the fun…
In addition to more than 50 games of touch, activities include:
- Dedicated kids skills’ session run by the renowned Middle East Touch and the Apollo Perelini Rugby Skills Academy
- Under 7s Tag Tournament
- Dubai Drums Workshops
- Food and refreshments, including a ‘Happy Hour’ from 5-8pm
- Post-presentation, kids can enjoy a ‘movie under the stars’ with popcorn, courtesy of the Jebel Ali Hotel.
The annual event – now in its fifth year – will see more than 20 teams swapping the comfort and familiarity of their offices for the sweat and tears of the rugby pitch as they prepare to flex their corporate muscles for the much-coveted Touch trophy.
The game of Touch combines rugby league, basketball and union, with special emphasis placed on ball skills, agility, teamwork and fitness. With no tackling, no scrums and no kicking, it offers the chance for men and women of all ages and fitness levels to take part.
With the weather now ideal to fully enjoy the outdoors, Jane Sabugueiro, partner at Corporate Affair Event Management, says: “The Zurich Corporate Touch 6s is the perfect way for employees to let off steam and bond with their colleagues away from day-to-day office life. With more and more businesses looking to champion employee health and well-being, the tournament provides an inclusive, highly-energetic competition in a fun and healthy environment.
“However, it is not just a sports tournament, it is a great day out for the whole family. With so much going on aside from the actual tournament, we hope the event will remain a firm fixture in the social calendars of residents across the UAE.”
Touch – Fast Facts…
- Touch is a great form of high intensity interval training
- 610 calories are burned per hour of playing
- A distance of more than 3,000 metres is covered per 20-minute fixture
- On average, players work at 80% of their maximum heart rate during a game
For more information about the event, please visit www.uaecorporatetouch6s.com or email [email protected]. To register your child for the Kids Skills’ Session, please email [email protected]. For more press information or to request media interviews, please contact [email protected]